The M.S.M. program's Leadership and Management degree is unique in its focus on skills-development. Building on the strong academic foundation of the M.S.M. program's core curriculum, the focus of the Leadership and Management degree courses is to provide students with a better conceptual understanding of leadership, to help them identify opportunities for their own development, and - ultimately - to facilitate the emergence of a better leader-manager.
The program consists of a total of 12 courses, or 36 semester credits. Students must earn at least a 'B' grade point average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) - both overall and on final projects completed as part of the capstone course.
Core courses within the M.S.M. program include the following:
- MSM 501 Communicating Effectively as a Manager
- MSM 505 Project Management
- MSM 514 Leadership Foundations
- MSM 525 Spirit of Enterprise
- MSM 533 Human Resource Management and Strategy
- MSM 619 Strategic Planning and Implementation
- MSM 652 Managerial Decision-Making: Finance and Budgeting
- MSM 674 Master's Capstone: Research, Synthesis, Applications
Students within the Leadership degree also complete four of the following courses:
- MSM 508 Risk Management
- MSM 543 Labor-Management Relations
- MSM 560 Business Law
- MSM 562 Operations Management
- MSM 566 Human Resource Development and Training
- MSM 627 Human Resource Information Systems and Communication
- MSM 667 Leading Organizational Change
- MSM 681 Consultative Professional Sales
Still have questions?
Schedule a 15 minute meeting Zoom meeting with a Graduate Admissions counselor.