Catholic University’s nonprofit management degree will empower you to create sustainable change as a nonprofit executive.
- Through our innovative, comprehensive curriculum, you’ll advance your career and build your skills to qualify for the dynamic field of nonprofit management. As our student, you will:
- Deepen your understanding of the nature and function of international and domestic nonprofits and non-governmental organizations.
- Engage in coursework to develop your professional and interpersonal skills for effective leadership and administration.
- Network with professionals and learn current best practices in nonprofit leadership.
- Create a portfolio of executive-level documents to open pathways to employment or promotion.
- Identify and strengthen your professional talents and abilities.
- Reward your personal desire to serve those in need.
- Comprehensive and Practical. Our program delivers an in-depth, hands-on education in techniques and strategies for managing tomorrow’s nonprofit organizations.
- Outstanding Faculty. Our courses are taught by subject-matter experts with extensive experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Schedule Flexibility. As a busy working professional, you can choose face-to-face classes, online classes, or a mix of both. Our eight-week online classes provide added options for scheduling your own learning.
As a track in Catholic University’s outstanding Master of Science of Management degree, our Nonprofit Management program provides a firm foundation in analytical problem solving, budgeting and finance, ethics, legal and policy analyses, and project management skills.
- Create, lead and manage international and domestic nonprofits and non-governmental organization activities.
- Forge your career though the political and moral choices of leaders in international and domestic nonprofits and non-governmental organizations.
- Apply the theories and history of international and domestic nonprofits and non-governmental organizations to identify the roles and responsibilities of stakeholders that govern the contemporary operations of these organizations.
- Critically analyze and evaluate the roles and activities of international and domestic nonprofits and non-governmental organizations in a global context.
- Demonstrate the research, writing and communication skills required of today’s leaders in the nonprofit sector.
Graduates of The Catholic University of America’s professional studies programs serve in hundreds of businesses and nonprofit organizations across the globe. Their impact and leadership are a direct result of Catholic University’s dynamic curriculum. Invest in your future as a nonprofit management professional today. The world will thank you.
The degree requires 36 semester credits.
Nonprofit Management Track Courses
Complete all three:
MSM 605 Program Development in Nonprofit/Non-governmental Organizations
MSM 606 Fundraising for Nonprofit/Non-governmental Organizations
MSM 607 Financial Management of Nonprofit/Non-governmental Organizations
Plus complete one of the following two:
MSM 608 Organizational Leadership/Management of Nonprofit/Non-governmental Organizations
MSM 595 Internship in Nonprofit/Non-governmental Organizations
M.S.M. Core Courses Complete all eight:
MSM 501 Communicating Effectively as a Manager
MSM 505 Project Management
MSM 514 Leadership Foundations
MSM 525 Spirit of Enterprise
MSM 533 Human Resource Management and Strategy
MSM 619 Strategic Planning and Implementation
MSM 652 Managerial Decision-Making: Finance and Budgeting
MSM 674 Master's Capstone: Research, Synthesis, Applications