Fall 2020 Recruiting Update
All recruiting, professional development, and networking programming will be conducted virtually for the foreseeable future, including the Fall 2020 semester. Please see the Catholic University Guidelines regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and in-person events for more information. The Office of Career Development is here to help you find the right talent for your organization even in a virtual format. Virtual recruitment through the use of Zoom, Google Meet, Handshake, and other online platforms will be used to facilitate campus recruiting and hiring efforts. Catholic University has licenses to use Zoom and Google Meet, which the Office of Career Development encourages organizations to use for recruiting efforts, though organizations may use their own virtual platforms if so desired. For more information, please read through our Virtual Recruitment page or contact the Office of Career Development.
On-Campus Recruiting Guide
The Busch School of Business has 12 interview rooms available in Maloney Hall for employers to reserve for on-campus student interviews. Each interview room seats 4–6 people and has a large-screen monitor that can be connected to wirelessly.
The Office of Career Development uses Handshake to reserve these interview rooms and to create interview schedules. More information may be found here for creating an interview day in Handshake. Employers are encouraged to contact the Office of Career Development to better facilitate and promote on-campus interviews with students.
Recruitment and Professional Development ProgramsOrganizations are welcome to engage students in both recruitment and professional development programming, such as:
- Skills Workshops
- Mock Interviews
- Case Competitions
- Info Sessions
- Networking Events
Career FairsThe Catholic University Center for Academic and Career Success hosts a career fair each Fall, Spring, and Summer term. Career Fairs are held on campus in the Przybyla Center. Because of restrictions on gatherings due to the pandemic, the in-person Fall Career Fair will be conducted in a virtual format. Stay tuned for more information about Catholic University’s Fall Virtual Career Fair. 19 organizations and 100 students participated in our Summer Virtual Career Fair. Stay informed to connect with our students; sign up for our newsletter to get updated information about the Fall Virtual Career Fair.
Available Spaces for Employers to ReserveMaloney Hall underwent a $15 million renovation from 2017–2019 that completely redesigned the hundred-year-old 61,000-square-feet building into a classically modern school of business. Maloney Hall has several spaces that employers may use, all equipped with A/V technology. Some of the available spaces include interview rooms, classrooms, a technology lab, and an auditorium.
- McMahon Hall Parking Lot: register for a guest parking permit at https://transportation.cua.edu/visitor.cfm for a cost of $10/day. Contact the Office of Career Development at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and the Office of Career Development will cover your parking: 1) make, 2) year, 3) color, 4) license plate state, 5) license plate number, 6) handicapped plate, 7) mobile phone number, 8) email address, 9) car insurance provider.
- Mullen Library: Metered parking is available in front of Mullen Library. The campus meters are currently in effect from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday–Saturday. The cost to park at the meters is $2/hour for a maximum of 3 hours. Major credit cards and bills in $1 and $5 denominations are accepted. The meter stations do not issue change.
- On-Campus Basilica Lot: Metered parking is available in the on-campus parking lot adjacent to the Basilica. The campus meters are currently in effect from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday–Saturday. The cost to park at the meters is $2/hour for a maximum of 3 hours. Major credit cards and bills in $1 and $5 denominations are accepted. The meter stations do not issue change.
- John McCormack Road: Running North-South on the east side of the university, metered parking is available through the ParkMobile app at a rate of $2.75/hour for a maximum of 4 hours or until 6:30pm. No payment is required after 6:30pm or on weekends.
- Harewood Road: Running North-South on the west side of the university, free 3-hour parking is available along both sides of the entire road between Michigan Avenue and Taylor Street until 6:30pm. After 6:30pm, parking is unrestricted until 7:00am.
Maloney Hall is just across the street on the east side of the Brookland-CUA Red Line Metro Stop. Cross John McCormack Road, turn left, and you will find Maloney Hall. Below you may find a map showing Maloney Hall’s location relative to the Metro.
Car Share Address
3600 7th Street NE Washington, DC 20064
Parking and Metro Map of Campus with Route to Maloney Hall
On-Campus Recruiting Guide
The Office of Career Development has created a guide for employers doing on campus recruitment. Click here to download the On Campus Recruiting Guide for the Busch School of Business.