The Dean’s Student Advisory Council is a group of ambitious, hardworking business students who meet monthly with the Dean to collaborate, discuss, and implement initiatives that improve The Busch School of Business.
- Busch School "Decorations": Members met and pitched their ideas to potential donors on how to make the Busch school feel more lively and personal to the students and its visitors. The Mean’s family generously gave a donation that allowed for implications like the employer wall and the picture gallery on the main floor of the Busch School.
- Helpful Links: Members collaborated to produce a one-stop shop for important information for incoming and current students.
- Study Bubble Locks: DSAC, along with administration, placed locks on half of the study bubbles within The Busch School of Business to make them more accessible for business students to have a space to study, complete assignments, and meet for group projects.
- Social Media Launch: During the month final months of the 2021-2022 school year, DSAC proposed the idea of creating an Instagram account in order to spread the word not only about the club but, also, its initiatives. In June 2022, DSAC launched its Instagram account: @buschschooldsac
- Teaching Tuesdays: DSAC's biggest initiative yet! Through the Teaching Tuesday initiative, DSAC creates and publishes short videos that help new and current students navigate through Busch School resources and answer questions about the career process.
- Tim and Steph Busch Speaker Event:
- Q & A with Busch School Board of Visitors: Select DSAC members were able to join in a Q & A with members of the Board of Trustees. At this meeting, students were able to give their input on how communication can be improved to prospective students and their experience at the Busch School so far.
- Mackenzie Busch, The Paperboy: Students were able to meet with Mackenzie Busch. the author of The Paperboy and daughter of Steph and Tim Busch. Mackenzie shared her insights on what it was like growing up with such an influential and inspirational father.
- Meeting with Tim Busch: DSAC had a private meeting with Tim Busch where we discussed how the Busch School has benefited us so far. Mr. Busch had an open conversation about where things can be improved and what the future holds.
- Member Headshots: DSAC members had the opportunity to get their headshots taken during designated time slots.
- Community Service Project, Capital Area Food Bank: Members worked alongside members of the community to pack boxes of food at Capital Area Food Bank.
- Networking with Board of Visitors: Select DSAC members were able to meet and talk with the members of the Board of Visitors within The Busch School of Business.