The University is now accepting applications for emergency grants made possible through the generosity of the Light the Way Crisis Respond Fund. Key points to note before applying can be found below:
- All enrolled Catholic University undergraduate and graduate students experiencing unexpected financial hardship resulting from the coronavirus pandemic are eligible to apply.
- Please note: most grants are in the $300 - $600 range and priority will be given to students with the highest demonstrated financial need. This funding is not intended to replace or supplement existing financial aid and does not have to be repaid.
About the Fund
The Light the Way Crisis Response Fund supports a variety of needs, including — but not limited to — the following:
- Time-sensitive student needs such as unexpected travel expenses, housing assistance, food expenses, extra medical costs, and technology needs for remote instruction.
- One-time, emergency tuition assistance for the 2020–2021 academic year for students undergoing significant financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 who are at risk of being unable to continue their studies.
- Increased costs to develop a fully integrated online instructional model.