Our Plan for Fall 2020
On July 31, President John Garvey announced a plan for Fall 2020. That plan limits the number of students who can reside on campus and take classes in person. Priority will be given to freshmen (and transfers with fewer than 30 college credits). They will move into the residence halls as planned. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors will not be able to live on campus this fall, and will take all of their classes online. Please check back to this page often for updated information related to this plan.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Most Common
- Student Academics
- Residential Opening
- Student Life Town Hall recording (password in email to all students from Judi Biggs)
- Freshmen will reside on campus, while sophomores, juniors, and seniors will take classes online.
- A 10% tuition refund for Fall 2020 and a refund of on-campus room and board applies to students who will attend classes exclusively online rather than in-person or hybrid. See further details here.
- The Fall 2020 semester will begin on Monday, August 24. This is a week earlier than previously scheduled. The last two weeks of the semester will be conducted remotely. See the academic calendar for full details.
- Freshmen may choose to stay home and take classes remotely for the fall semester. You must complete the Request for Fully Remote Instruction and a staff member from Dean of Students will follow up.
- Cardinal Students will be continually updated with the instruction mode of each of your courses. You can review it by following this guide, How to View Instruction Mode. Please plan to review the syllabus of each class for full details on how a course will be taught.
Send in a Question
If you have any questions, please submit the Google Form below and we will follow up with you.
Your Busch School Experience
- Tackling virtual communication more directly this summer has increased access to more company partners than ever before! The Career Development Team is opening doors to connect you with more employers and alumni looking for interns, part-time workers, and project-based micro interns who otherwise would not be able to physically recruit on campus in the past. Employers are excited to engage with you and are able to given the structure of remote webinars and panels.
- The Career Development Team continues virtual career coaching and employer panels throughout the summer and plans to continue these offerings this fall. Here is a link to a job search strategy webinar hosted by the Career Development Team earlier this summer. There is a webinar on Finding a Fall Internship on 7/30 (register here) and a webinar on Academic Specializations and Your Career Path on 8/13 (register here).
- We have also engaged employers on your behalf in a virtual career fair this summer and are planning mock interviews and networking opportunities virtually this fall, which increases your access to employers and finding meaningful work.
We are happy to share that our regular programs and activities will continue. We will follow the University's guidelines for hosting programs and activities in person and virtually, in order to continue fostering an enriching and engaging experience for our business students beyond the classroom.
We are looking forward to continuing our flagship programs like Busch Mentors, Dean’s Student Advisory Council and Busch Ambassadors. We will have in person, virtual, and blended opportunities for our students to participate in these programs along with other activities and events. Mentors and mentees will meet one-on-one, in person, and virtually. DSAC will continue to work with Dean Abela to strengthen our Busch School community, and Busch Ambassadors will have the opportunity to represent our school at in-person and virtual events.
We will continue to publish The Compass, the Busch School’s weekly newsletter where we will highlight upcoming Student Experience, Academic Advising, and Career Development opportunities we will be offering, both in person and virtually during the fall semester.
We are excited to CU soon and welcome you back this fall!
Point of Contact
- Kevin Rensch, Assistant Dean for Students: email@example.com