VentureLab at Catholic U is CUA’s entrepreneurship program where student’s business ideas and innovations can flourish. VentureLab gives students a practical path to pursuing their individual start-up and business dreams. From developing a pitch deck, financial modeling, branding, and Ciocca Center staff mentoring, this hands-on approach complements the academic entrepreneurship track. The process also includes coordinated access to the CUA VentureLab Alumni Leadership Team. VentureLab is "where CUA students build things”!
VentureLab Alumni Leadership Team
VentureLab at CUA’s Ciocca Center for Principled Entrepreneurship has established a team of nationally recognized CUA alumni in their respective fields ranging from entertainment, law, sports, marketing, security, and finance. This select CUA Alumni group serves as mentors for undergraduate students during their entrepreneurship journey.
- Billy Barnes '18 (Director of Sales, Clowder)
- Brian Cashman ‘89 (General Manager, New York Yankees)
- Jeff Cherry '82 (Managing General Partner, Conscious Venture Partners)
- Ann Fitzgerald ’88 (Founder, AC Fitzgerald)
- Daniel Kane '15 (Founder, Attorney, Law Office of Daniel T. Kane PLLC)
- Steve McClatchy ’91 (Founder, Alleer Training and Consulting New York Times Bestselling Author)
- Mike McGarrity ’90 (Vice President of Global Risk Services, Global Guardian LLC. Former Assistant Director FBI’s Counterterrorism Unit)
- Jackie Ryall ’88 (Associate General Counsel, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation)
- Angela Santomero ’90 (Chief Creative Officer, 9 Story Media Group; creations include Blue's Clues and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and noted author)
- Greg Santomero ’90 (Creative Director/Principal, Santo Design)
- Chris Veno '86 (Co-founder and Co-CEO, Trion; CUA Trustee)
- Michael Wetmore '83 (Co-founder, Ryan & Wetmore, PC)
- Pat Wilson '88 (Founder, Profitable Association)